La Plaine Tonique is committed
- Modernising La Plaine Tonique with upgraded infrastructure, more green spaces and wood as the dominant material
- Renewing the site’s image around the themes of water and nature
- Adapting the site to the ecological transition
WHAT WE HAVE DONE
Site redevelopment programme launched in September 2021 by Grand Bourg Agglomération :
- Equipping the large beach with new wooden cladding pavilions, bordered by a large wooden walkway (2021/2022).
- Renovation of the aquatic centre with the aim of reducing energy consumption (2021/2022).
- Renovation of the roofs of the two seasonal accommodation units (2022/2023).
- Renovation of the lemon washroom and its makeover to fit in with the modernised large beach (2022/2023).
- Construction of the new Maison des Sports (2022/2023).
La Plaine Tonique’s main beach has been labelled since 2013 :
- Sorting bins available to recycle waste
- Sanitary facilities to ensure the quality of bathing water
- Safe and accessible bathing for all
- Information on bathing water quality and local flora and fauna displayed on the beach
- Raising public awareness at La Plaine Tonique to minimise the impact of tourist numbers.
Inspiring green initiatives :
- Natural flower meadows
- Chickadee nest boxes
- The dry hedge
Focus on soft mobility and public transport:
With a view to adapting the site to the ecological transition, you can now get to Plaine Tonique to Plaine Tonique by public transport or car-sharing! Thanks to the Rubis transport network, buses and car-sharing lines are available for visitors.